The HCTB Activities feature enables you to track special bus trips set up by your school, such as field trips, competitions, and food drops. To receive notifications about these activities, you'll need to set up an activity zone, which is a circular map area around the location where the bus will pick up the students to drive them to the activity, such as the parking lot in front of your school. You can add a zone when you add an activity (as shown in Adding an Activity), but you also can create one without attaching it to a specific activity. You might want to do so if the zone will be one you'll need to use for multiple activities. You can add one as follows:
- Click the My Account tab.
- Scroll down to the My Activity Zones section.
Any previous activity zones you've created will be displayed in a list.
- Click Add under the list.
The Add Activity Zone screen will appear.
- In the Zone Name field, type a name that will easily identify it for you, such as Sam's School.
- Type the address you want to use for your notification in the Zone Address field; for example, if many of your student's activities depart from and return to their school, you might want to use the school's address. This means that any notifications you set up using this zone will notify you when the bus enters or exits (as you choose) the circular area you specify around the school.
- Click Search.
The map will move the circle to that location.
- You can click and drag the slider to increase or decrease the size of the activity notification radius.
- When the circle is the size you want, click Add at the bottom of the screen.
You'll be returned to the My Account screen, and your new activity zone will appear in the My Activity Zones list.
Note: You can delete an activity zone by clicking Delete to the right of its name in the My Activity Zones area and then clicking OK in the warning dialog box.