Your notification radius is a circular region around your student's bus stop; when the bus enters this area, you will be sent an email and/or push notification (as you have specified), notifying you that the bus is on its way.
To change your notification radius, follow these steps:
- Click the Notifications tab.
The Edit Radius tab will appear and display the AM Stop radius for the first student in your account.
- To make the radius bigger or smaller, click and drag the slider at the top of the map (to the right to increase its size or to the left to decrease it).
Note: Be careful not to make the radius too big, which will make the notification come too soon. Also, try to avoid large streets if possible, just in case the bus traverses that path earlier in its route as well. This could give you a false notification the first time the bus enters the radius. It’s best to keep the radius in your neighborhood.
- You can zoom in or out using the controls at the bottom right of the map.
- To move the radius, click and drag the map.
- When you are finished modifying the radius, click Save.
The Radius Saved dialog box will appear, informing you that the alert changes make take 24 hours to go into effect.
- Click OK.
- Click PM Stop on the left.
Note: The PM stop's radius is separate, in case you want a different notification area for the afternoon stop.
- Repeat steps 2 to 6 for the PM stop.
- If you find that you don't like your changes, you can revert to the default radius settings by clicking Reset at the top right of the map.
Note: If you have more than one student associated with your Here Comes the Bus account, the other students' stops will be listed under the first student's on the left.
Click the expansion arrow to the right of the second student's name to show their stops and then repeat the preceding procedure for them.