If you've forgotten your Here Comes the Bus (HCTB) password, you can reset it using the app as follows:
- Open Here Comes the Bus from your list of apps.
You'll be presented with this screen:
- Tap Forgot Password?.
The Forgot Your Password? screen will appear.
- Tap in the Email field and type the email address you use for HCTB.
- Tap in the School Code field and type your district's code, which is usually a five-digit number.
- Tap Reset Password.
The Password Reset Link Has Been Sent screen will appear, and you will be sent an email with a link to reset your password.
Note: If you don't receive that email, check your junk mail folder. If it's not there, tap Resend Link on the HCTB Password Reset Link Has Been Sent screen.
- Tap Reset Password in the email.
You'll be taken to the Change Password screen on the HCTB website (not in the app) to reset your password.
- Type the new password you'd like to use in both the Password and Confirm Password fields.
Note: The password must be between 8 and 16 characters and contain at least one of each of the following: an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, a number, and a special character.
- Select Change Password.
You'll be taken to the Map screen of the website.
- Back in the app, if you're still on the Password Reset Link Has Been Sent screen, tap Back to Login. (If not, open the Here Comes the Bus app from your list of apps.)
You'll be back on the login screen.
- You can use your new password to log in. (See Logging In to Here Comes the Bus for details, if needed.)