To edit your push and email notification settings, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Here Comes the Bus app on your smartphone.
2. Navigate to the Notifications page.
3. Select Edit Contacts.
4. From here you may choose which student’s alerts you would like to modify by using the drop-down arrow next to the student’s name in Students (for accounts with more than 1 student)
5. Once a student has been selected, you may then choose the notification type to modify using the drop-down arrow next to Notifications.
Note: For each notification type you would like to modify, you must select the notification type from the drop-down list. There are 4 different types of alerts that are available, depending on the licensing with Here Comes the Bus your school has. For example, Stop Radius Entry and Stop Radius Exit are both options. To make changes to the notifications for both, you will have to select Stop Radius Entry from the drop-down list in step 5 and then modify the alert options for that type of notification, as shown in step 6. Once you have completed changes for that alert type, you will need to go back to step 5, choose Stop Radius Exit from the drop-down list, and then move on to the next step, step 6. This will need to be repeated for each notification type you have.
5a. Some notification types will include the option to choose a STOP. This will be AM, MID, or PM.
Note: For each AM/MID/PM option (when available) you will need to return to step 5a before proceeding to step 6.
6. Once a notification type has been selected, you may then choose the drop-down for either Push Notification or Email. For each email address or phone listed, you will select the box with which it correlates and check it.
Note: Any email or phone with an orange box and white check mark will receive a notification. If you would like for an email or phone to NOT receive a notification, simply make sure that the correlating box is blank.
Note: It may take up to 24 hours for changes made to be reflected within Here Comes the Bus. Please allow 24 hours for changes to take effect.